BASRECCS rf General Assembly 2021
On behalf of BASRECCS Association, I want to kindly invite you to the [online] General Assembly (GA) of the association on Tuesday 2.2.2021 at 13:00 CET. During the GA, the new board of the association will be elected, and the future plan of the BASRECCS will be presented.
In order to participate in the GA and vote for the new board members, you need to register by
sending an email to no later than 20.1.2021. And, if you are not a member of
the association, submit your membership request to the same email address to be eligible to
participate in the GA. Upon your registration, you will receive a link to the online meeting room.
Furthermore, should you want to nominate yourself for a board member of the association,
including the post of chairperson, please write to us at the latest by 20.1.2021.
BASRECCS association is a platform for all stakeholders to tackle climate change in the Baltic Sea
Region countries via strengthening regional cooperation for CO 2 mitigation technologies such as CCS
or CCUS. You can read the strategy paper of the association here:
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. I am looking forward to meeting you
at the GA.
Chairperson of BASRECCS
The Baltic Carbon Forum BCF is an annual conference. BCF is hosted by BASRECCS, a network of experts and stakeholders operated as an association. You can join the association by mail to . You may also join only the network on http://basrec.net/ccs-initiative/network/.
BASRECCS rf contacts:
Farid Karimi, chair, Germany
Ingvild Ombudstvedt, Norway
Alla Shogenova, Estonia
Anders Ingves, Åland Islands
Emil Yde Aasen, vice chair, Norway
Sveinung Hagen, Norway
Todd Flach, Norway
Raimonds Vite, Latvia
Virgilijus Petuska, Lithuania
Peter Molander, Finland
Bruno Gerrits, operations inspector, Belgium
Christian Lundström, operations inspector, Finland
Registration number in Finland 221.883 with ID 3082434-2
Strategy paper: BASRECCS Association
Despite two decades of prominent discourse on mitigation of climate change and radical CO2
abatement, much remains to be achieved concerning the Paris Agreement and the EU climate goals.
BASRECCS believes one of the most significant obstacles hampering the timely mitigation of climate
change is the communication gap that lies between various actors: the public, industry, policymakers
and scientists. We believe that there is a lack of a common language and a shared vision and interest
between these key actors. What is required, therefore, is a bridge-builder who connect these actors to
work on a common goal. BASRECSS aims to fulfil this gap on the regional level.
BASRECSS vision is to drive the deployment of CC(U)S as an effective tool for decarbonisation of the
industry and energy sector in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR) resulting in the deployment of at least one
full-scale CCS project in the BSR by 2030. This is in alignment with the objectives of the European
Green Deal. Thus, we strive to:
- Support development of industrial CO2 capture projects which could connect transport and
storage infrastructure to emerging storage infrastructure
- Support advancement of local storage options for CO2 in the BSR that can eventually
qualify for commercial storage projects
- Communicate and share knowledge between key stakeholders
To pursue (a), (b) and (c) we:
- Facilitate workshops to update large emitters in the region about the opportunities related to
- Organise seminars with information on upcoming EU calls and connecting potential partners
that enable for further advancement of subsurface CO2 storage in the region
- Contribute to feasibility studies mapping the potential capture and storage projects in the region
- Facilitate bi- and multilateral meetings between policymakers to tackle regulatory bottlenecks
and enable the further acceleration of CC(U)S in the relevant countries
- Matching various stakeholders and facilitate meetings between them to synergy their activities
- Developing science-policy-society interface to address social and political concerns
- Outreach activities such as publishing compact synthesis documents that support the activities
above (e.g. policy briefs and technology summaries)
BASRECCS association is a platform for all stakeholders to tackle climate change via strengthening
regional cooperation for CO2
mitigation technologies such as CCS or CCUS.
Download the strategy here.